Basic Fried Rice:
- 2 TBSP olive or peanut oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 TBSP wheat free tamari sauce
- 1 cup gluten free vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used frozen microwavable here)
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 scallions white and light green parts sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 organic egg beaten with 1 tsp tamari and dash agave nectar
- Start by adding olive or peanut oil to a medium sauce pan or wok along with the sesame oil, garlic, scallions and carrot. Saute on medium heat until garlic is golden about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, the tamari, ginger and broth. Stir and saute until broth is mostly absorbed and rice gets a bit creamy 3-4 minutes.
- Make some room in a corner of the pan by pushing rice aside and add the egg mixture. Stir and push egg mixture around with a wooden spoon until scrambled. When the egg is cooked, mix it in with the rice and add the lemon juice.
- Saute until rice gets some golden bits and liquid has been totally absorbed about 4-5 minutes. Mix in sauteed veggies of your choice and serve with chopped scallion garnish if desired. YUM.