Friday, May 16, 2014

Mom's Day Lemony Cupcakes!


Wish I had posted this one before Mom's Day but I was feeling tres under the weather last week.
This is an example of finding a great prepared mix and making it my own. I used Pamela's Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix using the lemon version listed on the package. Following is my recipe for lemony butter cream frosting. Mom enjoyed scarfing these down post brunch on Sunday. Yum!

Lemony Butter Cream Frosting:

Ingredients
  • 1 stick organic butter softened
  • 2 cups confectioner's sugar
  • 4-6 TBSP organic whipping cream
  • 1 TBSP organic lemon juice
  • 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in medium mixing bowl using an electric mixer on low.
  2. Switch to medium speed and beat until fluffy, 3-4 minutes. (Start with 4 TBSP cream and keep adding more until desired fluffiness).
  3. Frost onto cooled cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment