We had a very relaxing Fathers Day this year. The weather was perfection. The food and conversation were flowing. My father has a huge garden in a rural setting in northern CT. I brought my camera and a tasty cocktail and just wandered around capturing the dappled sunlight on the newly blossoming plants. I find it very soothing to look at flowers close up through a camera lens. You are alone with the world of the flower and get to know its beauty in fine detail.
I came up with this cocktail as the perfect expression of summer refreshment, containing all of my favorite summer flavors. Fresh strawberries and refreshing limoncello combined with the lightness of bubbly Italian prosecco...just delicious. Perfect for your next summer celebration!
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1 cup limoncello
- 1 cup strawberry puree (about 1 pint fresh strawberries)
- 1 TBSP agave nectar
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves for garnish
- To make the strawberry puree, place hulled berries in a food processor or mini prep with a splash of water and puree on high until smooth. Strain out seeds in a fine mesh strainer using a spoon to mash the pulp through, just separating out most of the seeds. Add the agave nectar to the puree and stir to blend.
- Place the strawberry puree and the limoncello in a large pitcher or bottle. Slowly pour in the prosecco being careful of the bubbles overflowing. Stir well to combine.
- Add the fresh mint leaves torn into small pieces.
- Serve immediately over ice