This is one of my fave dishes for entertaining because who the heck doesn't love a deviled egg? This recipe has a little tangy twist via the mixed fresh herbs, scallion and mustard as opposed to the traditional horseradish. I use free range, organic, certified humane eggs for the best possible quality. A great way to use up those abundant fresh herbs in your garden!
Herb Garden Deviled Eggs:
- 6 organic, free range eggs
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP minced scallion (plus extra for garnish if desired)
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herb leaves (I use dill, thyme, parsley and basil)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and fill with water to cover the eggs by an inch or so. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover for ten minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water for a few minutes and peel immediately.
- Slice eggs in half and bend them gently to pop the yolks out into a medium mixing bowl.
- Finely mince the fresh herbs and add them to the yolks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on high until fluffy.
- Using a small spoon, scoop about a tablespoon of filling into each egg white and top with minced scallion or chives.