I do enjoy a refreshing cocktail and have been experimenting with various gluten free vodkas and fruits searching for the perfect summer party drink (someone has to do it!). I'm seeing a lot more vodkas made from potatoes and grapes on the market which is great for us intolerant to gluten. Some say that vodka made from grain does not contain gluten but I prefer to be safe and buy gf!
I splurged on this recipe using peach flavored vodka by Ciroc which is fabulous but you can substitute a less pricey peach flavored vodka if you prefer. Perfect for summer celebrations and taking advantage of farm fresh peaches. Yum!
Yummy Peach Cocktail:
- 2 fresh ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 TBSP agave nectar
- 1/2 cup Ciroc gluten free peach vodka (or peach vodka of your choice)
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup seltzer
- mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Puree peaches and agave in a mini food processor and strain to remove pulp. Straining is optional but you will have a chunkier finished product. You should end up with about 1/2 cup puree.
- Place puree, vodka and lemon juice in cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
- Pour into a glass, add seltzer and stir to combine.
- Add ice and mint garnish and enjoy!