Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Best Mojito Ever!



























One of my favorite summer cocktails is a classic Mojito and I have tried experimenting with different recipes and not quite finding the flavor I'm looking for. I've tried using only the freshest organic limes along with fresh mint from my container garden, great rum etc...only to be unimpressed. But recently I was looking for a way to use up the bounty of my summer mint plant and being out of fresh limes, I tried using that bottled Real Lime stuff and strangely enough, it came out awesome! I assume it has to do with the added lime oil to this product but it adds a great lime taste that blends with the fresh mint and it's SO delicious! Ashamed as I was for not using fresh limes, here is the best Mojito recipe I've made. Enjoy ice cold on a late summer evening...mmmm.

Best Mojito Ever:

Ingredients

  • 8-10 fresh mint leaves
  • 1/4 cup bottled lime juice (such as Real Lime)
  • 1/2 cup light rum
  • 2 TBSP agave nectar
  • 1/2 cup plain seltzer
  • ice

Instructions

In a cocktail shaker, muddle mint leaves with lime juice and agave nectar until mint oils are released.
Add rum and shake until well blended.
Divide between two glasses and add 1/4 cup seltzer to each along with ice.
Enjoy! Serves 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment