I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving last week! This week I'm making this super comforting and hearty vegan stew with Italian flavors to combat the extreme cold weather we've had recently.
Directions for a cold night: 1. Pour this stew over some gluten free pasta and top with your favorite shredded vegan or dairy cheese. 2. Curl up on couch with fuzzy throw and watch ridiculously funny comedy flick (I used Horrible Bosses). 3. Enjoy!
Vegan Autumn Harvest Stew:
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 organic yellow squash, cubed
- 1 can organic cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can organic Italian tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil and parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 cups vegan, gluten free broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- gluten free pasta, cooked (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil under medium heat, add garlic and saute until golden 3-4 minutes.
- Add butternut squash and saute until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add yellow squash, broth, tomatoes, beans, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium/low and simmer for about 20 minutes until squash is tender and broth has reduced a bit, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with shredded vegan or dairy cheese of your choice (optional).