I'm always searching for good recipes for tempeh since I've discovered that it's healthier to eat fermented soy products as opposed to more processed soy products such as tofu. I've tried to make tempeh several different ways and could never quite conquer the dense texture of the stuff. This recipe uses a marinade with a lot of liquid which soaks into the tempeh while it roasts and makes it yummy and moist. I serve this tasty recipe over a simple saute of garlic and greens with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Garlic Roasted Tempeh
- 2 packages gluten free soy tempeh
- 2 large cloves garlic,peeled and chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari(wheat free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tempeh into 4 pieces length wise and then in half width wise. Place in a 9"x12" baking dish(large lasagna dish)in a single layer.
- Place all ingredients except tempeh into a mini prep food processor and blend until emulsified. Pour over tempeh slices, cover and let marinade for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until most of the marinade has absorbed and edges are golden.