Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gluten Free Swedish Apple Cinnamon Pancakes!



























I've been sticking to a clean diet since the beginning of the month and last weekend my resolve finally caved. I was craving a plate full of carbs so I made a gluten free version of my Grandmother's recipe for Swedish pancakes. I told myself by adding fruit I could justify this little splurge so I added some finely chopped apple and a hint of cinnamon. Swedish style pancakes have a bit more egg and are less fluffy than traditional pancakes and taste more like crepes. So comforting and amazing!

Swedish Apple Cinnamon Pancakes:

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 TBSP organic unprocessed cane sugar(Florida Crystals)
  • 2 organic eggs
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1 1/2-2 cups organic milk(unsweetened almond or rice milk can be used in place of cows)
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped apple(I used Fuji, skins on)
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • coconut oil for frying
Instructions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well blended. Start with 1 1/2 cups milk and add more a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Batter should be a little thinner than traditional pancake batter.
  2. Using a large skillet under medium heat, melt 1-2 TBSP coconut oil and swirl to coat pan evenly.
  3. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto pan. When cakes have bubbled a little and edges are pulling away from pan(about 2-3 minutes), gently flip over with a spatula and cook for about 1-2 minutes more before removing. Add more coconut oil with each batch. Keep on a warm plate until all batter is cooked.
  4. Serve with melted butter and real maple syrup. Enjoy!
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment