Happy New Year everyone! Usually I don't make resolutions but this year I'm determined to get healthier and work out more. It's kind of an eye opener when you don't have the muscle mass to hold up your camera with one hand for more than 10 seconds(hey, it's heavy)!
When you think about what your body actually needs to thrive,it becomes easier to reach for the lentils in place of that third slice of gluten free lasagna! So in the spirit of healthy renewal,I came up with this recipe for a refreshing lentil salad. The lemon in the dressing is a great liver cleanser and the lentils,cheese and toasted pine nuts are chock full of protein. Enjoy!
New Hippie Winter Lentil Salad:
- 1 can organic brown lentils,rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls(bocconcini),drained and torn in half
- 1/4 cup pine nuts,toasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic,peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mini prep food processor blend olive oil,lemon juice,dill,garlic and salt and pepper until well blended.
- In a medium bowl,toss dressing with drained lentils and cheese.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and enjoy at room temperature. This salad will taste even better after a day or two in the fridge when the flavors will marinate.