Since I love my kale and Brussels sprouts, I was super excited to try the new hybrid veggie Kalettes! I realize it's weird to get excited over a sprout but I'm an admitted food nerd. Kalettes are tender but nutty like kale and are delicious in a simple saute over pasta. I added plenty of garlic and lemon and finished this dish with some sheep's milk feta. Super hearty and delicious winter dinner for the fam. Enjoy!
Pasta with Kalettes and Feta:
- 1 10 oz package gluten free pasta such as Le Veneziane
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled sheep's milk feta cheese
- 1 5 oz bag Kalettes rinsed well and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cool water, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan under medium heat. Saute garlic until golden about 2 minutes.
- Add Kalettes and saute for 5-6 minutes, adding 2 TBSP water to steam along.
- After Kalettes are tender, add lemon juice, rind, parsley, salt, pepper and pasta. Saute for 3-4 minutes until well combined and pasta is hot.
- Sprinkle each portion with the crumbled feta and enjoy!