I finally have some time to share more recipes after a busy few months shooting cookbook photos!
After spending most of my life being a vegetarian, it is important to me to continue to educate myself on the food production industry in order to gain inspiration for recipes as well as to continue making choices that align with my beliefs. Most recently my inspiration has come from the new book by Gene Baur "Living The Farm Sanctuary Life". The book contains lots of amazing stories about the farm animals that have been rescued along with tasty recipes and advice on making choices that align with one's values. Before I finished the last page I had decided to move towards a more vegan diet starting with this delicious salad which was inspired by the vegan Waldorf salad in the book. This recipe uses vegan chicken strips by Beyond Meat which is one of the few meat alternative products that happens to be gluten free as well as vegan! So tasty! This salad is perfect for your next summer picnic.
Vegan Chicken Waldorf Salad:
- 12 oz package Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken Strips, cubed
- 1 organic Fuji apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup red grapes, sliced
- 1/4 cup celery sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Light Vegan Canola Mayonnaise
- Juice and grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Dash agave nectar (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve cold